Mentorship/Supervision for Professional Councelors
With 17 years in the business and accounting “world” and over 25 years managing and maintaining my own diversified counseling,mediation, and life/business coaching practice, I have a unique set of skills and experience base from which to support and give back to those striving to become successful or increase their effectiveness in our rewarding profession. I can also help with planning an exit/retirement strategy as our years of serving near their end.
As a Licensed Supervisor, I also travel the 3000 hours of supervision road to licensure for new Professional Counselors.
My consulting services extend to the following areas:
Starting a New Practice
- Sole Proprietorship / Incorporate?
- Get with a group or practice alone?
- Supplementing your income in start up
- Initial Expense
- Should I lease space?
- Getting the word out
- A Plan
Managing Your Practice
- Fee Structure
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Income Taxes
- Insurance Panels?
- Expense Management
Preparing for Retirement
- Where and how to get help with financial planning
- Planning for the day
- Creating value
- What do I have to sell
- Options I can utilize
Dealing with Challenging Therapeutic Issues
- New strategies for "stuck" patients
- Approaches with angry patients
- Moving "War of the Roses" couples toward love and respect
- Tough parents and tougher kids
- How to combat "Analysis Paralysis"
- Motivating victims
- Consultation - the value of a fresh set of eyes!